[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 14/16] distro-tracking: update data for some toolchain recipes

Saul Wold saul.wold at intel.com
Wed Oct 19 16:57:49 UTC 2011

On 10/19/2011 09:49 AM, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 18:37 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> Op 19 okt. 2011, om 18:24 heeft Kamble, Nitin A het volgende geschreven:
>>> It will be too many recipes to list on one line, shall I split the commit into multiple one for each recipe whose data is changed?
>>
>> Or per group, but saying "some toolchain recipes" is way too vague.
>
> Why do we have this distro tracking data in oe-core git anyway?  I'm not
> entirely clear on what it's used by.

Phil:

It's used by the tools that build http://packages.yoctoproject.org and
to help recipe manage maintainer-ship and track what needs updating.

Many upstreams we can't track if updates are required automagically, so
we need a place to record when the last manual check was, also possible
reasons why we should not update to newer versions, ...

Sau!