[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 14/16] distro-tracking: update data for some toolchain recipes

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 20 17:38:12 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 09:24 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:>
> I'm in favour of having info in the recipe (or bbappend!) who is looking after it if it doesn't end up in the output package.
>
> Regardless of where to put the info, I would like to propose to orphan every recipe in OE-core and ask for volunteers. There's a ton of stuff I want to look after (bluez, gstreamer, pulse, avahi, X) which already has a maintainer from its yocto/poky/whatever legacy, but I feel is not being looked after with much attention. And adding to the problem is that most yocto people aren't using OE-core, but poky.

I feel the need to point out that you don't have to be the named
maintainer to submit a patch.

Personally I'd be happy to see maintainer ship go to other members of
the community.
I think a better approach would be to seek volunteers before we orphan
things? That way things which don't receive volunteers can stay with the
current maintainer?

Cheers,
Joshua
--