[OE-core] useradd class not working

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Oct 20 21:24:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 15:17, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 14:12, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:
>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta-skeleton/recipes-skeleton/useradd/useradd-example.bb
>>
>> That is the recipe that was used when testing this feature.  If it no longer
>> works properly then something has recently broken in the groupadd functionality.
>
> Yes and I used it and openssh as base to my package but it seem to do nothing.
>
> I tried to debug it and changed rootfs_ipk class to use "sh -x" when
> running the preinst scripts of the packages and all seems fine however
> it keeps not adding the group into rootfs/etc/group

I got some more information during today's debug session ...

useradd class is working perfectly for sysroot. I've added it to
systemd package (from meta-oe) and the "lock" group shows in sysroot
as expected. It fails for rootfs only.

After long time researching the reasioning of failure I found it. I am
going to send a patchset tomorrow.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br