[OE-core] useradd changes to dbus, base-passwd

James Limbouris james at digitalmatter.com.au
Wed Oct 26 01:34:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

Recent changes to dbus have broken some sdk building:

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['meta-toolchain-qte', 'task-qte-toolchain-host-nativesdk', 'qt4-tools-nativesdk', 'dbus-nativesdk', 'base-passwd-nativesdk']

I think the commit introducing the base-passed dependency is 46e6c3fa8034b12d178d605f3f5d7efe69671a13 (dbus: use useradd class to allow use in read-only filesystems).
I'm not too clear on how useradd works, so I can't tell if simply adding BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk" to base-passwd is sufficient. I'd expect that this would cause dbus to add itself to the sdk sysroot's passwd (which previously didn't exist?). Seems harmless enough... I'm giving it a try now, but any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Regards,
James Limbouris