[OE-core] Trouble by last dbus patch (46e6c3fa8034b12d178d605f3f5d7efe69671a13)?

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmx.de
Thu Oct 27 20:30:27 UTC 2011

Since the last updates of all layers (angstrom based) I have issues with

* networkmanager/nm-applet (meta-oe): I am not allowed to change the settings
  any more
* xfce-session (meta-oe): Logging out takes very long and Restart/Shutdown is
  disabled

I remember that I had similar issues a while ago. That could be worked around
by starting some dbus stuff ( do not exactly remember what it was ).

With this vague idea I checked and found in oe-core:

| dbus: use useradd class to allow use in read-only filesystems
| author	Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
| commit	46e6c3fa8034b12d178d605f3f5d7efe69671a13

Not understanding totally what is all about I see in /etc/passw

| messagebus:x:999:998::/var/lib/dbus:/bin/sh

but I don't have /var/lib/dbus on my sytem!!

I did not check yet, but maybe this is an incompatibilty with angstrom custom

| FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES = "fs-perms-angstrom.txt"

somebody around to enlight the darkness?

Andreas