[OE-core] What is the strategy to update eglibc?

Saul Wold saul.wold at intel.com
Mon Oct 31 16:43:34 UTC 2011

On 10/30/2011 07:16 PM, Kang Kai wrote:
> On 2011年10月31日 10:12, Kang Kai wrote:
>> Hi Saul,
>>
>> I just want to update eglibc but eglibc is using its 2.14 branch and
>> use svn commit revision "15225" as current version. Of course it is
>> behind the latest svn revision, but I don't quit sure about which is
>> the right revision to update eglibc.
> Hi Saul,
>
> And right now is 2 commits behind the latest revision, do it worth to
> update right now?

Kai,

I know that Khem recently added the eglibc 2.14 recipe, but I think that
we are still actually using the 2.13 recipe as defined by EGLIBCVERSION.

At this point, it might be good to know what's changed by those 2
commits and maybe do a full build and system test with EGLIBCVERSION set
to 2.14 to find out if the problems are resolved.  You might look back
in the email list to mid-June to see what the original set of issues was.

Sau!