[OE-core] QT4 patches

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Sep 16 17:13:07 UTC 2011

Hi Paul/Eric,

I was trying to figure out where we're at with the QT4 patches. With
regard to the version update, I've seen talk of the first version of the
update being broken, a second version posted and then some talk of some
fix needed on top of that which I could find a patch for.

On top of this I think there is an SDK fix needed (I've replied with a
question about that).

There is also a qt4 demo split patch that looks like its been through a
couple of iterations and also some armv6 patch with feedback that there
are futher issues so I'm not sure what the status is there.

Firstly, I love the patches, its great to see these issues getting
sorted out. I am however getting very confused between all the patches
and their versions and its taken me a while to figure out what I'm
likely being expected to merge.

Could someone therefore please put together a combined pull request for
these pieces from a git branch? I will take them into master (assuming
some details get ironed out) but I'm not sure they can make the release
branch at this point (the fun with the .bbappend files isn't helping my
confidence there).