[OE-core] OE-Core release process

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Sep 17 12:05:59 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 06:06, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>> I don't see why it isn't reasonable. If they need a change done sooner
>> than can be done by pushing it upstream, they can put it into a local
>> layer until it makes it into oe-core. Seems simple enough to me.
>
> Furthermore, poky is the only distro using this weird combo-layer arrangement, all the others I know off (angstrom, shr, micro, aurora) consume oe-core directly.

At O.S. Systems we use combo-layer but we work at oe-core directly and
keep our repository up to date. That bring us the good of both Worlds
without making difficult to us to sync both.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br