[OE-core] [RFC] policy proposal: INC_PR

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue Sep 20 19:10:00 UTC 2011

On 9/20/11 2:04 PM, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> Hello, colleagues,
>
> While debugging some stuff in oe-core & company I've noticed that
> lot's of packages
> either don't use INC_PR, or misuse it (e.g. .inc has INC_PR, but then
> .bb just defines PR = "rX").

I've noticed similar things.  I'd agree, we should define and use INC_PR for
items that have .inc files.  There have been many times that I need to fix a bug
in the .inc file and end up manually updating the PR is 2 or 3 recipes that use
the .inc.

One question though, how do we handle packages with multilib .inc files?

INC_PR += ...  (or is it .=)

--Mark