[OE-core] Correct way of having the PN package depend on the other packages?

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Sep 20 19:42:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Daniel Lazzari <dlazzari at leapfrog.com> wrote:
> I noticed a problem with the alsa-utils package where the alsa-utils package does not depend on all of the little extra packages it's supposed to pull in. I'm not sure what the best way to fix this is though. Can anyone give me a little guidance or point me at a recipe that does this correctly already?

I don't see why this is a problem, personally. If someone wants a
recipe's main package to depend on the other packages it emits,
they're free to make the recipe do so. But the ${PN} package is not
defined to include everything from the recipe, it never has been.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com