[OE-core] Fetch failure for source at kernel.org

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Sep 21 19:43:08 UTC 2011

On 9/21/11 2:38 PM, Philip Balister wrote:
> I'm finally trying to get started with oe-core. I'm using a setup
> created with the setup-script created by Koen. Everything looks ok until
> it tried to build cpufrequtils. The recipe tries to fetch the source
> from a git repo at kernel.org. Obviously, the fetch fails.
>
> What is odd, in the "good old days" I would expect this config to fall
> back and use the Angstrom source mirror, but apparently this is not the
> case with oe-core.
>
> Is this a bug or a feature? If this is a bug, is there a plan to fix it?
> If it is a feature, how are we supposed to do builds if servers go away?
> What do we do about GPL compliance?

This is a feature, as people did not want oe-core tied to a given mirror.

Myself, I use:

PREMIRRORS ?= "\
bzr://.*/.*   http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
cvs://.*/.*   http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
git://.*/.*   http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
hg://.*/.*    http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
osc://.*/.*   http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
p4://.*/.*    http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
svk://.*/.*   http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
svn://.*/.*   http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n"

MIRRORS =+ "\
ftp://.*/.*    http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
http://.*/.*     http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n \
https://.*/.*    http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/sources/ \n"

PREMIRRORS are tried before the upstream source, MIRRORS are tried only after a
failure.  (Please correct me someone if I have that wrong.)

--Mark