[OE-core] Branch management for OE-Core release

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Sep 23 18:12:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 14:30, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> I don't really see the point of this. Basically you're asking that every
> time there is a commit to the branch there is also a merge commit. You
> can just as easily either force a checkout of master, or merge against
> master with a one sided merge. Git doesn't have the confidence to do
> that automatically but I'm pretty sure there is a simple way to tell git
> to do a one sided merge...

Not every time but at every release and point release.

one sided merge make you lose all local changes you did. Doesn't seems
a valid upgrade path but a "replace path".

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br