[OE-core] Quick note about one of the autobuilder failures

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Sep 25 11:10:35 UTC 2011

With the autobuilder now stressing out sstate more, we're seeing some
interesting build failures. One example which caught my eye is:

http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org:8010/builders/nightly-arm/builds/100/steps/shell_57/logs/stdio

What this is telling us is we actually have some dependency issues in
the metadata. I've already established that:

libXinerama.so.1 is needed by libgtk-2.0-2.22.1-r4.armv5te
means that gtk+ needs to disable xinerama (preferred) or depend on
xinerama.

I've also seem a local error which showed:
neon needs to depend on libproxy (preferred) or to explicitly disable
it.

Once you understand these messages mean we need to look into the base
recipes dependencies, they become easier to dig into and fix.