[OE-core] [bitbake-devel] Feedback on HOB (new image creator GUI)

McClintock Matthew-B29882 B29882 at freescale.com
Fri Sep 30 17:32:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Joshua Lock <joshua.lock at intel.com> wrote:
> No such discussion has occurred. These are good feature suggestions,
> though I'm not sure about a plugin mechanism - are you suggesting that
> to enable the features mentioned or in addition to?
> At least for enabling runtime services there's likely an issue of the
> GUI having enough knowledge of the init system to do so.

I'd just like to be able to make these extensions/add-ons while not
being familiar with bitbake internals. Maybe by INHERIT'ing bbclasses?
It just seems like adding some configuration pane for configuring ip
addresses should be as easy and possible.

> I can certainly see at least the three features proposed here being
> desirable and I'll probably file those as feature enhancements in the
> bugzilla, unless you'd like to?
>
> Any further thoughts on customisations to enable via the GUI?

I can file some enhancement bugs. We are actually brainstorming this
as I type this so I'm sure some more things will come up ;)

-M