[OE-core] RFC: Porting KDE Plasma Active (WIP)

Robert Yang liezhi.yang at windriver.com
Thu Apr 5 04:50:24 UTC 2012

On 04/01/2012 08:00 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Sunday 01 April 2012 10:31:48 Robert Yang wrote:
>> On 04/01/2012 08:47 AM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
>>> usr/bin/icemaker: No such file or directory
>>
>> This is a known issue, there is an work around, it seems that the MACHINE is
>> qemux86, and host is x86_64, we can:
>>
>> cp
>> tmp/work/i586-poky-linux/kdelibs4-4.8.0+git1+1439483a67135f483632f4c4cd239e9
>> 6d2ed61fc-r0/git/build/bin/icemaker
>> tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/icemaker
>>
>> The problem is that we don't have a kdelibs4-native, and it seems it is not
>> easy to add it.
>
> Ah, I see I neglected to install kdelibs-devel; but on the version of Fedora I
> am building on when I do install it that executable is not provided (at
> version 4.6.5 perhaps it is too old). I've copied it as you suggested but then
> I run into the lack of kconfig_compiler. On this machine "yum whatprovides"
> tells me that the only package that provides kconfig_compiler is kdelibs3-devel
> which is clearly not what is needed.

For the kconfig_compiler issue, I used a hacked workaround:

1) cd /usr/bin
2) ln -s kconfig_compiler4 kconfig_compiler
3) ln -s kconfig_compiler4 makekdewidgets

Fortunately, kdelibs4-native has been successfully ported currently, we will
submit the patch sooner, so these problems would be fixed with kdelibs4-native.

Other problems you may meet are:

1) Sometimes the raptor and rasqal_git.bb may fail, just rebuild them
    would fix the error, seems strange errors.

2) After then build successed, we can start the kde:
    $ runqemu qemux86
    edit /usr/bin/startkde there is a host absolute path in it:
    LD_BIND_NOW=true
/host/path/to/tmp/sysroots/qemux86/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/start_kdeinit_wrapper
kcminit_startup

    Fix it to:

    LD_BIND_NOW=true /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/start_kdeinit_wrapper +kcminit_startup

    Then

    $ startkde

// Robert