[OE-core] Do we have a package that installs the kernel headers and config into the target?

Cui, Dexuan dexuan.cui at intel.com
Fri Apr 6 03:20:22 UTC 2012

In a typical Linux distribution, there is a build link(or directory) that specifies the directory where the kernel headers and kernel config are put.

E.g. in my Ubuntu 11.04, a package linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic installs .config, include/ and Kconfig into /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic/ and makes a link /lib/modules/2.6.38-8-generic/build to point to the directory.

However, looks in Yocto, we don't have such a package? Do we have a plan to add it?

I'm asking the question because in the ESDC contest, the students found in Yocto they couldn't build the wifi driver's source code that was downloaded from realtek.com:  http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=226&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
In Ubuntu, they can build the driver fine.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan