[OE-core] Do we have a package that installs the kernel headers and config into the target?

Cui, Dexuan dexuan.cui at intel.com
Fri Apr 6 11:12:34 UTC 2012

Cui, Dexuan wrote on 2012-04-06:
> Darren Hart wrote on 2012-04-06:
>> On 04/05/2012 09:41 PM, Cui, Dexuan wrote:
>> While I understand there are valid use cases, I think this is generally
>> contrary to workflow of the project. We build the OS, it runs on the
>> target. This is building a general purpose OS, and then having it build
>> itself out more. It doesn't feel like an embedded workflow.
BTW, my question might be simplified as:
If we strictly follow the rule the target OS shouldn't build itself out
more, why do we supply a recipe core-image-sato-sdk.bb that can
create an image with tools-sdk that includes development tools
like gcc? :-)

Or, while we recommend the common embedded workflow, we
also somewhat support (or tolerate) the way "the target builds
itself out more"?

Thanks,
-- Dexuan