[OE-core] Do we have a package that installs the kernel headers and config into the target?

Maksym Parkachov lazy.gopher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:10:42 UTC 2012

Hi Dexuan,

> Any chance the students could cross compile the wifi module using
> > an external toolchain?
> We could try this.
> But even I didn't try this before, so this needs efforts to find it out.

I wanted to achieve exactly the same, namely, compiling modules with
external toolchain. I spend some time last week to get in running for
beagleboard xm and angstrom. I documented everything with a blog post
Comfortable
kernel workflow on Beagleboard XM with
nfsroot<http://veter-project.blogspot.de/2012/03/comfortable-kernel-workflow-on.html>
.

In the end of exercise, I compiled sample module with external toolchain
and loaded it on beagleboard.

Hope some tips from the post will help.
Regards,
Maksym.