[OE-core] js 185 -> js186_1.0.0

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 10 19:16:09 UTC 2012

On 10/04/12 09:02, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> Thank you very much for this clarification.
>
> @Saul, about upgrading js. This upgrade will break web, web-webkit and
> maybe more. How do you want to solve this issue? I compiled js180.

Whilst web-webkit lists js in its DEPENDS I'm not sure it's actually
required. It's not listed in the web-webkit configure.ac

We need to figure out what we want to do with web and web-webkit before
we spend too much time avoiding breaking them.

Currently neither is actively maintained but web-webkit still makes a
lot of sense IMHO.

Cheers,
Joshua

> @g
>

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 18:22, Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan
> <jin at mediatomb.cc> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 06:14:58PM +0300, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
>      > Have a problem while updating js to version 185. This version
>     renames the
>      > library in libmozjs185. What to do in order to avoid breaking
>     packages which
>      > need libjs? Another interesting thing is that js is now called
>     js185_1.0.0
>      > which seems to be actually another package / implementation? I
>     will try to test
>      > this using symlinks while compiling web package.
>
>     JS 1.8.5 is not backwards compatible! This is the reason why they
>     renamed the
>     libs, you can not link older software against JS 1.8.5 without
>     adaptions, the
>     new version has a new API.
>
>     Kind regards,
>     Jin