[OE-core] Yocto Project 1.2 M4 schedule

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Thu Apr 12 19:41:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 08:31:13PM +0100, Julian Pidancet wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think that string is fine as long as its just for yocto but I think
> > for OE-Core we are going to do a General release
> > so tagging that with something yocto project will be very confusing
> > unless we plan to do different releases of OE-Core for general
> > availability
> > and yocto project. I dont think we have bandwidth for that. And since
> > poky repository makes a copy of OE-Core metadata it can be tagged in
> > yoctoproject specific tags
> >

> In case there is an oe-core general availability release separated
> from the yocto release, when would that happen ? Is there anything
> planned yet ?

There is a plan to have oe-core tagged at the same time as the Yocto Project
release. That's what we've discussed at BSP and Collab Summits. Here we are
deciding on the naming for those tags.

There are no plans to have separate OE-Core releases - i.e. separate from the
corresponding Yocto Project releases.

--
Denys