[OE-core] meta-chromium

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Tue Apr 17 20:40:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

we have pushed the begining of our (Eukréa Electromatique's team and
especially Denis) work to get Chromium to build with OpenEmbedded Core
to : git://github.com/eukrea/meta-chromium.git
https://github.com/eukrea/meta-chromium

For the moment it's only tested on ARMv7 platforms (i.MX515 and i.MX535
based) where it seems robust and quite fast on most of the HTML5 tests
we ran (only WebGL doesn't yet work).

Feel free to send patches to improve the recipes and add support for
other platforms.

TODO :
- enable WebGL with OpenGL ES support
- support other platforms than armv7
- merge with meta-mozilla to create a meta-browser layer

Eric