[OE-core] MIPS vs MIPS32 tunings -- summary and questions

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:54:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 01:45:54PM +0200, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> On 18.04.2012 13:40, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 13:30 +0200, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> >> now, after having repacked all binary tarballs that had mipsel or
> >> mipsel-nf in their name and contents, and after having changed all
> >> occurrences of mipsel and mipsel-nf in my local recipes (where
> >> appropriate), and after having rebuilt everything from scratch again, it
> >> came to my attention that "mipsel" in PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS breaks opkg,
> >> because no mipsel packages are being generated. That's what I told
> >> before, right?
> >
> > How is this breaking opkg? We often have architectures listed in there
> > for which there are no packages generated (all, noarch and any spring to
> > mind)?
>
> Downloading http://10.0.0.1/mipsel/Packages.gz.
> wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
> Collected errors:
>  * opkg_download: Failed to download http://10.0.0.1/mipsel/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

I had a lot of those (e.g. because armv7a-vfp-neon was including 20
arm*feed.conf variants in /etc/opkg most of them empty - without
Packages.gz).

So I've added "filter" to distro-feed-configs
http://git.shr-project.org/git/?p=meta-smartphone.git;a=commit;h=236aa553bb0f82f741c6edb793e96f421f24f4fa
to add only feeds I'm generating (and I also don't want armv5* packages
installed on armv7a-vfp-neon target unless user explicitly adds armv5*
feed).

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com