[OE-core] Yocto Project 1.2 Release Status

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Apr 18 15:20:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 16:53 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 03:47:47PM +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > I thought I'd update everyone with the current 1.2 status.
> >
> > I'm going to branch master for release at this point. We've fixed a lot
> > of issues, I'm hoping the -rc4 build will be a good one. There are signs
> > there are some more minor issues around and bugs do keep getting opened.
> > These are still being investigated so we'll continue to let that happen.
> > Once we have a QA report for -rc4, we'll be in a better position to make
> > a call on how things are looking.
>
> Does it mean that after creating branch, master will be open for
> postponed patches from ML and master-next or do you want to keep master
> as close to release branch as possible for some time (e.g. for those
> 1.2.1 fixes)?

I have hoped people would work more on the stabilisation and testing but
I don't think I'll be able to hold off the pressure to start master
rolling again at some point relatively soon.

It won't happen immediately as the 1.2 release is building which means I
have no resources to test master right now so I will hold off until
those are available.

To be honest at a personal level, I'm also pretty worn out after the
past couple of weeks of bug fixing, triage and review and would ideally
like to disappear for a couple of weeks. Realistically this isn't going
to happen now but maybe in a few weeks...