[OE-core] LICENSE_{X}-xxx is parsed?

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Tue Apr 24 17:44:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Is there any mechanism of parsing LICENSE variables for every provided
> package in a bb file?
>
> To be a little more clear about this.
>
> If i have an app named myapp. Let's say the myapp_1.0.bb includes:
> LICENSE = "GPLv3 & LGPLv2.1"
> LICENSE_${PN} = LGPLv2.1
> LICENSE_${PN} -tests = GPLv3
>
> If this app is not whitelisted, this file will pe ignored (assuming
> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = GPLv3) even if the only needed package on the final
> fs is the ${PN} package.

As you have package level licensing set, it will actually check the
LICENSE_${PN}. See:
bdf2d94c35b7e5ed1723f987696a6c865bff212c Which means it will go and
use the PN level
license to determine if it should be excluded. If no PN level exists
it should fall back to LICENSE

> For files in these case (like gnults) we use right now WHITELIST. In this
> way license checking on those packages is skipped.
>
> If nobody works on this (or this is already done but i couldn't spot it in
> the code) i can dig and propose a way to solve this issue.
>
> @g

Elizabeth Flanagan
Yocto Project
Build and Release