[OE-core] number of tasks increased since last update

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Aug 1 19:16:33 UTC 2012

On 8/1/12 2:08 PM, Chris Larson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> today I updated and found the the number of tasks has increased about
>> 400. Another strange behaviour: in my build dir there are two new
>> folders:
>>
>> x86_64-nativesdk-angstromsdk-linux
>> x86_64-angstromsdk-linux
>>
>> but up to now I was not interested in sdk stuff. Is that another bug
>> or a feature?
>
> I just went to build core-image-base and saw it building crosssdk
> stuff -- not sure if it's related, but thought I'd throw that
> datapoint out there.

do you have the updated bitbake?  Prior to RP's changes about a month ago, the
task / dependency resolver was unable to resolve things on a per-task basis.  So
any task within a recipe triggered the resolver to build dependencies.

The SDK stuff adds dependencies only do the sdk task.

With the current head of tree bitbake, I have not seen a revert of behavior...
the SDK items only build when triggered.

--Mark