[OE-core] Qemu refusing to build

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 16:28:58 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 16:41, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 16:28 +0100, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> How would I manually attempt to configure? There are no files what so
>> ever in the
>> /mnt/storage/yoctoBuilds/poky-vanilla.git/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/qemu-native-0.15.1-r10/qemu-0.15.1
>> directory.
>
> Well, that is a big help to know. It sounds like something has wiped the
> work directory and its then trying to rebuild it. Are you using rm_work
> of some kind? It sounds like some kind of malfunction has occurred with
> it...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard.

It could very well be related to the fact that I am building over NFS
and the other problems that have come with it. I'm building with the bog
standard vanilla poky with quemu arm uncommented. In this situation I
would normally -c cleansstate and try again, but that function is also
broken for me (again possibly NFS related).

I changed my NFS mount settings to force sync which makes it act like a
more traditional hard drive but it doesn't seem to have done me any good.

I'm not back in work till Monday so I'll see if I can do anything more
with it then. If anyone could confirm that they build on an NFS mount
then that would be a massive help.