[OE-core] while trying to update u-boot

Radu Moisan radu.moisan at intel.com
Fri Aug 3 08:43:38 UTC 2012

I found the following code in u-boot.inc

if not d.getVar("UBOOT_MACHINE", True):
     PN = d.getVar("PN", True)
     FILE = os.path.basename(d.getVar("FILE", True))
     bb.debug(1, "To build %s, see %s for instructions on \
                     setting up your machine config" % (PN, FILE))
     raise bb.parse.SkipPackage("because UBOOT_MACHINE is not set")

and while I don't have UBOOT_MACHINE set, u-boot still follows with no
problems through do_fetch, do_configure, do_compile and so on, and
finishes without any problem/error. I would have expected to be skipped
as the above code snipped would imply, but I cannot find that log
message anywhere (nor any error to indicate failure). Can somebody point
me in the right direction with this?

Radu