[OE-core] "Best" way to determine is building for target?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Aug 7 21:17:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 21:12 +0000, Slater, Joseph wrote:
> To change the installation for popt but not popt-native, I said
>
> do_install_append_pn-popt {
> }
>
> which seems to work, but is there a better way, like some
> ${@building_for_host("yes text","no text",d)}
> construct?

There is the new class-target override:

do_install_append_class-target {
}

(along with class-native, class-cross and class-nativesdk)

These are due to replace the virtclass-xxxx variants but we've not
gotten around to that yet. Its a relatively new addition to the system
but should be a useful one and allow some cleanup.