[OE-core] [oe-commits] Ross Burton : webkit-gtk: remove no-parallel bodge

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Aug 8 07:31:20 UTC 2012

On 25 July 2012 13:06, Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
> | arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-libtool: link: cannot find the library
> `libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.la' or unhandled argument
> `libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.la'
> | make[1]: *** [Programs/unittests/testdomdomwindow] Error 1
> | make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> | arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-libtool: link: cannot find the library
> `libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.la' or unhandled argument
> `libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.la'
> | make[1]: *** [Programs/unittests/testdomdocument] Error 1
>
> I reverted this patch and build is fine.

Bringing this thread back as it needs to get resolved.

Can you try adding the patch in
https://bug-79498-attachments.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=131681 to
webkit and seeing if it builds with -j then?  That patch claims to add
duplicated rules to force the buggy make not to drop essential
dependencies.

If that doesn't help... I don't know what the best thing to do is.
Add a make-replacement 3.81 recipe, and depend on it?  Detect the make
version and disable parallel and warn if it's 3.82?

Cheers,
Ross