[OE-core] Qt test cases (was: Re: Replacing Web in Sato with Midori)

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 8 16:21:53 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 08 August 2012 18:14:00 Samuel Stirtzel wrote:

> >> If you're talking about adding accessibility and session management to
> >> configure -> these are set by default by Qt.
> >> Don't know why they where unset in oe-core though.
> >
> > Not specifically, I was mainly referring to changes such as providing qt4-
> > native; we did not need to do that before.
>
> While this is true, meta-kde is also the only layer using qt-mobility
> (AFAIK). So you implicitly want to say that Koen is right because _there
> are no other testcases_ for these recipes.
>
> Or do I get you wrong?

Koen's claim that we cannot sufficiently test Qt in OE-Core alone because we
don't have KDE or any large application in it is false, or at the very least
it is setting the bar unnecessarily and arbitrarily high for the sake of
argument - that's what I'm saying.

Whether we actually *do* sufficiently test Qt within OE-Core at the moment,
especially on an automated basis, is a separate question and one we should
have a serious look at.

Cheers,
Paul

--