[OE-core] Qt test cases (was: Re: Replacing Web in Sato with Midori)

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:27:20 UTC 2012

2012/8/8 Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 06:14:00PM +0200, Samuel Stirtzel wrote:

>> > Not specifically, I was mainly referring to changes such as providing qt4-
>> > native; we did not need to do that before.
>>
>> While this is true, meta-kde is also the only layer using qt-mobility (AFAIK).
>> So you implicitly want to say that Koen is right because _there are no
>> other testcases_ for these recipes.
>
> monav now in meta-oe is also using qt-mobility

That is good news, since I don't use master I didn't know about it.
IMO plasma-active is way out of scope for a qt-mobility test case,
good that there is at least one other recipe using qt-mobility..

(Unrelated to your post)
How would an automatic Qt test look in oe-core?
Qt ships a lot examples with the sources, are they sufficient for testing?
They cannot cover everything, but it depends on to what extend we want to test.

For the qt4-native recipe IMO kdelibs4-native isn't a bad test.
Since only a few binaries out of the huge project will be built it
shouldn't be too special or "too big".

Off topic: Do we want to support Qt5 parallel with Qt4 when it is
released soon [1]?

[1] http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_5.0#d50ae403cb49a205bdf789f377f5cfe6

--
Regards