[OE-core] dbus with tests

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 14 11:57:40 UTC 2012

On 08/14/2012 02:11 PM, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> In the process of updating dbus, tests (in my opinion) are mandatory.
>
> While compiling dbus with tests, dbus and dbus-glib are needed. To
> compile dbus-glib, dbus is needed (obviously). The only solution (to
> compile dbus with tests) that i found is to create a new recipe named
> dbus-tests where to compile dbus with --enable-tests
> --enable-embedded-tests, skip write to sysroot (noexec) and just package
> dbus-tests.
>
> 1. Do you guys know a better solution for this?

We have started to think/chat about this, there was another patch on the
list recently that Mark Hatle and I talked about tests.

I think having the tests enabled with DISTRO_FEATURE would allow for the
flexibility of enabling then without always incurring the cost /overhead
of longer compile times.

Can you incorporate the changes to the core recipe with out having to
add a new dbus-tests recipe if you use DISTRO_FEATURE?

> 2. What would be a good path to use for installing tests?
Same here, disucssion started.I would like to see tests go into
${datadir}/${BPN} (/usr/share/${BPN}.  /opt was discussed, but I think
we want to leave that clean and empty.

Sau!