[OE-core] RFC: Move PSEUDO_LOCALSTATEDIR for filesystems outside the filesystem

Peter Seebach peter.seebach at windriver.com
Wed Aug 15 01:41:16 UTC 2012

Got a bug related to this that probably only affects our build
environment, but it caused me to note:

When we're using export/dist as a user-mode NFS root (under pseudo),
the PSEUDO_LOCALSTATEDIR is export/dist/var/pseudo.

This seems a bit weird to me -- I don't think pseudo's db should be
part of the filesystem it's maintaining. And I'm wondering whether
there is a historical reason for this that I need to be aware of,
before I propose moving it to something like export/pseudo.

... And if not, I propose we move it to something like export/pseudo.

-s
--
Listen, get this.  Nobody with a good compiler needs to be justified.