[OE-core] [yocto] RFC: OE-Core task rework

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Wed Aug 15 10:54:17 UTC 2012

Op 15 aug. 2012, om 11:46 heeft Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> het volgende geschreven:

> 2) Look at the existing tasks and:
> * evaluate their usefulness
> * remove any that are obsolete
> * adjust existing contents if needed
> * look for useful groups of packages that might be added
>
> We need to pay particular attention to task-core-boot and task-base as these
> are pulled in by default in any image that inherits from core-image.bbclass -
> if these are not generally working for people that are creating their own
> images, we need to change them such that they are.

Have a look at task-boot and task-basic in meta-oe: https://github.com/openembedded/meta-oe/tree/master/meta-oe/recipes-core/tasks

My pet peeve is the bloat oe-core forces onto qemu* builds in the name of "our testing team needs it!!!". Why am I forced to build an nfs server and distcc when setting MACHINE=qemusomething?

Keep things like that in mind when overhauling the tasks.

regards,

Koen