[OE-core] [discussion] perf: specify SLANG_INC dir for perf

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Aug 17 10:53:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 18:00 +0800, Liang Li wrote:
> I am totally confused, you mentioned 'general kernel do_install', I
> assume it's oe-core kernel.bbclass concept. Then you mentioned 'get
> the fix upstream in the mainline kernel', how could that happen?
>
> We are discussing about the solution to 'fix the compile warning to
> error' stuff that triggered by the '-I/usr/include/slang', right?

Yes.

>  We do not necessarily have to change recipe to fix it since the issue
> is not introduced by the recipe, the hard coded '-I/usr/include/slang'
> in the Makefile cause the issue, we can fix the root cause by kernel
> patch(other than just comment the line out). I see your previous patch
> to kernel, by comment out the '-I/usr/include/slang' line in the
> Makefile, is the same behavior, but we won't have the change(comment
> out -I.. in Makefile) upstream to mainline, right?

I am suggesting that firstly, someone send a patch to the mainline
kernel which changes -I/usr/include/slang to -I=/usr/include/slang in
that Makefile.

Secondly, I'm suggesting that we add a line to kernel_do_install() in
kernel.bbclass which does a sed on the Makefile as installed into
$kerneldir which changes -I/usr/include/slang to -I=/usr/include/slang.

We can then drop the patch I added to the linux-yocto kernels.

This is all that should be needed, it should fix all the issues people
have reported in a way that is acceptable to everyone.