[OE-core] can't login??

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 20 12:19:15 UTC 2012

On Monday 20 August 2012 14:09:48 Jaap de Jong wrote:
> What I'm trying to do is get an image that looks as much the same as the
> one I made under oe-classic.
> Perhaps my approach is not the way to go?
> I was using base-image.bb under oe-classic as the basis and added some
> packages to get to our needed set of applications.

There's nothing wrong with that - you can construct the image in whatever
manner you wish. You may wish to take advantage of the new functionality
provided by core-image.bbclass, but that is entirely optional.

> On 08/20/2012 12:34 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > Is "debug-tweaks" in IMAGE_FEATURES?
>
> (To answer your question. No, it is not. More of that in my previous mail)

The way things work now, zap_root_password is automatically run when post-
processing the image, unless debug-tweaks is in IMAGE_FEATURES (typically, one
would add this via EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES in local.conf). This is a replacement
for DISTRO_TYPE = "debug" / "release" in OE-Classic. The assumption is that if
you're actually producing a production image, you really don't want people to
be able to log into it as root with no password.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton