[OE-core] [OE-Core] error expanding variable do_*

Giuseppe Condorelli giuseppe.condorelli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:39:30 UTC 2012

2012/8/21 Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>

> > > main

> ETA:

> versions.
> something
> > >
> > > in

> > > This is almost certainly because of the whitespace changes in python
> > > functions.
> >
> > What type of whitespace changes you are talking about?
>
> Please see:
>
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2012-July/025962.html

I'm sorry, I've not read that when it was wrote. I was out for two months
and now I've to look at an huge amount of information coming from the
mailing list.

> > > If you use master of OE-Core, you must use BitBake 1.15.3+; if you
> > > use denzil, you need to use 1.15.2. I'm a bit confused as to how you
> could
> > > have still got this error with 1.15.2 though since that change was not
> in
> > > that version (unless you are using master of OE-Core with BitBake
> 1.15.2).
> >
> > I've pulled last two months updates for master OE-Core branch and I tried
> > with both bitbake 1.15.2 and 1.15.3 versions.
>
> I just tried BitBake 1.15.3 with OE-Core latest master and I do not see
> that
> error. Are you using latest master of OE-Core or some specific revision?
> Can
> you provide me with any other information that would help me to reproduce
> the
> issue? If you check out OE-Core in a separate new directory and use BitBake
> 1.15.3 do you still get the same issue?

Well, confirmed. I cloned OE-Core by scratch and all was solved trying to
build the default core-image-minimal.
I've now some issues on my own layer, but this is obvious given that it has
to be aligned (perhaps os.* entries have to be moved to subprocess.*).
Paul, as usual you are very very exhaustive in your reply. Many thanks for
this.

> Cheers,
> Paul

Cheers,