[OE-core] Proposal: Creating meta-networking

Joe MacDonald joe at deserted.net
Wed Aug 22 18:59:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Christopher Larson <kergoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, June 15, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Joe MacDonald wrote:
>
> We've been talking about this on-and-off at Wind River for a while now,
> but it now seems like a reasonable time to bring a proposal to the OE
> community at large. We're thinking about creating a new layer to house
> recipes, etc. for networking packages. I'll try to address what seem to
> be the most immediate questions (certainly the ones we've been thinking
> most about any time I've discussed this with anyone):
>
> Has their been any progress on the creation of this layer?

Absolutely.  I think at least some of my mail on the subject have been
bouncing from the lists but the short version is at the end of July
the existing "meta-openembedded" pieces were done in my tree and there
was a list of stuff that needed fixing in migrating the oe-classic
bits into the new meta-networking layer (the list I laid out in my
initial email).  I was on vacation between then and Monday, so
nothing's happened since then but this week I'm back looking at the
best way to handle these older recipes that are in need of love in
order to work with the current meta-oe and we should be good to go.  I
think what's likely to happen is there will be some of them updated
right away and others will be integrated and updated soon after.

-J.

> --
> Christopher Larson

Joe MacDonald