[OE-core] why remove yaffs2?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Dec 3 15:54:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 14:03 +0000, niqingliang2003 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> I have untouched oe for several months, and recently found that yaffs is
> dropped, and also in official kernel, why?

We removed it from OE-Core 18 months ago. The code was old, not working
particularly well and lacking someone to maintain it so it got moved
out. I'm sure the tools would be accepted into meta-oe if someone
updated and cleaned up the recipe for it. For OE-Core you'd have to show
a larger user base than there currently appears to be...