[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 00/71] Updates and Patches (cover letter only)

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Dec 6 15:11:32 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 23:52 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:
> Richard,
>
> This has been brewing for a few days now, I have built this locally and
> done some testing as well as a run on the Autobuilder and I have either
> address the failures (backed out pseudo change)
>
> High Level Items:
>
> SMART:
> I have included some of Marks initial SMART changes, but not the changes
> that pull the lever to convert to SMART, there are still some issues there
> that need resolving.
>
> Package Updates:
> They are tested and look good.
>
> BinUtils:
> Things are building and behaving correctly.
>
> PR Server changes:
> I have not reviewed or tested, but they build I need more information
> myself on reviewing and testing these.
>

> Overall I think this is a good set to take in early M2, I have replied to
> patches that caused problems with the build.
>
> Please do a final review and take what you see as appropriate.

There are patches in here which have never been posted on the mailing
list as far as I can tell :/.

I've ended up tweaking some patches since I really don't want to
overhead of rejecting and getting them back again...

> Andrei Dinu (1):
>   Added regex functionality to distrodata.bbclass

This one has "import os" and "import bb" statements which are unneeded.
I've removed them.

> Khem Raj (6):
>   kernel.bbclass,module-base.bbclass: Use CC to form KERNEL_CC

I've pushed back on this one again. There are some things I want to
double check.

>   util-linux: Package systemd files correctly

This has a weird commented out line in it. I removed it.

> Mark Hatle (12):
>   update-alternatives.bbclass: Add missing runtime dependency

I've replied to this patch.

> Martin Jansa (5):
>   scripts/sstate-diff-machines.sh: add simple script to compare sstate
>     checksums between MACHINEs
>   scripts/sstate-sysroot-cruft.sh: add simple script to find files in
>     sysroots not tracked by sstate

Further discussion looks to be happening about one of these so I held
off for now.

>   git: fix unpackaged python files

This was superceeded.

> Otavio Salvador (1):
>   initramfs-framework: init: Stop mount warnings during boot

This just has a PR bump in it? Corrupted?

> Ross Burton (1):
>   mesa: merge internal libraries into mesa-dri package

Dropped at Ross' request.

> Saul Wold (3):
>   sstate: fetch .siginfo files from SSTATE_MIRROR

I tweaked this one ;-).