[OE-core] slightly confused about .bbappend file and FILESPATH

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Dec 6 18:19:57 UTC 2012

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012, Mark Hatle wrote:

> On 12/6/12 12:03 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >    currently writing a tutorial page on how .bbappend files and
> > FILESPATH work, and i wanted to use a live example, but now i'm
> > confused.
>
> The way it works is the same way as PATH in the shell.  It's just a set of
> search paths.
>
> >    using meta-ti layer, i chose to build core-image-minimal for a
> > beagleboard, for which the meta-ti layer has the following under
> > recipes-core/netbase/ that i want to use as an example:
> >
> > $ find
> > .
> > ./netbase_5.0.bbappend
> > ./netbase-5.0
> > ./netbase-5.0/beagleboard
> > ./netbase-5.0/beagleboard/interfaces
> > $
> >
> > where the .bbappend file contains only:
> >
> > THISDIR := "${@os.path.dirname(bb.data.getVar('FILE', d, True))}"
>
> I believe this is the default value of 'THISDIR' already, so there is no
> reason to specify it in the .bbappend itself.
>
> > FILESPATH =. "${@base_set_filespath(["${THISDIR}/${PN}"], d)}:"
>
> In this example, it's incorrect.  As you have a directory named
> "netbase-5.0", so your FILESPATH should be: ${THISDIR}/${PN}-${PV}

  ok, so that's just a bug in the setting of FILESPATH in that one
example?  whew.  i was seriously wondering how badly i misunderstood
how this feature worked.

  as soon as my beagle core-image-minimal finishes building, i should
be able to trivially check that the interfaces file used to populate
the rootfs image is the one from oe-core and not the one that should
have come from meta-ti.

  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca