[OE-core] [bitbake-devel] Complete rebuilds due to random hashes

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Dec 7 12:14:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 11:26 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have encountered the problem the whole distribution gets rebuilt when
> I change a single, completely unrelated variable (e.g. BB_DISKMON_DIRS).
>
> Dumping data in _build_data() (siggen.py) revealed that sometimes a
> gitpkgv_do_configure() (or _do_compile/install...) function is in the
> deps, sometimes not.  The recipes where this happens (e.g. m4) do not
> inherit gitpkgv and it is not included globally either.
>
> Further debugging[1] shows
>
> | ERROR: calledvar=autotools_do_configure,
> vars=[['gitpkgv_do_configure', 'autotools_do_configure'],
> ['do_configure', 'gitpkgv_do_configure']], allvars=['do_configure',
> 'autotools_do_configure', 'gitpkgv_do_configure'], classes=[None,
> 'gitpkgv', 'autotools']

I'm struggling to figure out how the code is doing this. The most
interesting piece here is:

classes=[None, 'gitpkgv', 'autotools']

and I cannot get a recipe locally to do this. classes is basically set
from BBConfHandler and its a relatively simple codepath. This would
imply the gitpkgv class is doing an "inherit autotools"?

Can you show how you're using gitpkgv in your code and what the bbclass
contains? I have the version from meta-oe but I'm failing to reproduce
or explain how this would get into there...

Are you doing anything interesting with EXPORT_FUNCTIONS anywhere in
your code?

Its very odd and any more information about your configuration would be
helpful in reproducing/debugging this.