[OE-core] what exactly is the proper way to use FILESEXTRAPATHS?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Dec 7 16:16:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Richard Purdie wrote:

> It sounds like the docs are missing some details about how this
> works and what its designed to do. We should add the information and
> there are several of us who will happily work with Scott on fixing
> that.
>
> Getting annoyed isn't going to help.
>
> I'd also add that we're about to change the way this works a little
> so we'd perhaps better hold off fixing the manual until we've made
> that change (which will simplify the lists of search paths you've
> been seeing further).
>
> Scott: Looks like we need to tweak the manual in this location.
> Could you open a bug or otherwise track this please?

  i'm in the midst of writing a wiki page on this for my upcoming
class, so once i'm done, feel free to steal.

  and on a related note, my profuse apologies for my snottiness
earlier -- i was totally missing the critical point about bbappend
files being stacked which made all the difference and cleared
everything up.

  grrrrrrr ... my bad.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca