[OE-core] libpng update to 1.5.13 V2

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Sat Dec 8 05:08:33 UTC 2012

On 12/07/2012 02:52 PM, Marko Lindqvist wrote:

> In openembedded-core itself, libmatchbox does not compile
> against libpng15. Patch for that sent already.
>
> In meta-openembedded, libsdl-image is known not to compile
> against libpng15. Patch for that too sent already.
>
> I have not been systematically testing build of all the
> possible components. Above two problems are just the ones
> I've encountered as part of my typical builds.

Did you at least try to build all the recipes that are in OE-Core that
depend on libpng, not just typical builds?  A quick grep in OE-Core
shows that the following depend on libpng:

transfig-native
cups
gdk-pixbuf
gthumb
gtk+
cairo
directfb
libmatchbox
pixman
gst-plugins-good
qt4

So I would strongly recommend building and doing somekind of basic
validation of these to ensure there are not any more API issues.

Thanks
	Sau!