[OE-core] [bitbake-devel] Complete rebuilds due to random hashes

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de
Mon Dec 10 10:59:43 UTC 2012

Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> writes:

>> I have encountered the problem the whole distribution gets rebuilt when
>> I change a single, completely unrelated variable (e.g. BB_DISKMON_DIRS).
>>
>> Dumping data in _build_data() (siggen.py) revealed that sometimes a
>> gitpkgv_do_configure() (or _do_compile/install...) function is in the
>> deps, sometimes not.
> I would add some debug code into gitpkgv.bbclass around the functions
> there, perhaps a try:/except: and see if there is some kind of uncaught
> exception happening for one of your recipes. If that isn't it, I would
> be intersted to understand what you have which is breaking out the
> fetcher. It could be a SkipPackage exception under some circumstance for
> example.

Sorry, my fault.  I patched bitbake to ignore SkipPackage[1] and missed
that the global 'classes' variable was not reset.

fwiw, patch was required to allow 'gitpkgv' recipes to be skipped
e.g. because no git branch exists for the corresponding setup. Expansion
of PV will fail in this case with a fetcher error.

Enrico

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/ensc/bitbake/commit/fe0093b34dabe979c81a9b428de96ba73a4e3edb
     (working variant)