[OE-core] Add 3.7 version of linux-libc-headers

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 10:52:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz <
marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org> wrote:

> I would like to know are there plans to use 3.7 kernel for libc headers.
> This will allow me to drop own copy which I need to keep due to AArch64
> stuff which got added in 3.7 cycle.

There aren't any plans to use 3.7 for the headers, since we are tracking
the headers
with the same cadence as the yocto release kernels. Otherwise, we'd really
need
to have all versions available, and keeping things clean and focussed was
the
goal.

3.8 is the next likely update.

That being said,  since the libc-headers version is controlled by the
LINUXLIBCVERSION in tcmode-default.inc, simply having 3.7 headers
available shouldn't cause any problems or disconnects.

So we can open up the discussion if we want to carry extra libc headers or
keep with the current strategy. I've added Richard explicitly to the cc' so
he
can jump in as appropriate.

Cheers,

Bruce

"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end"