[OE-core] Download of bitbake doesn't work properly

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 16:50:32 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 03:17:05PM +0100, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi, just to highlight that I'm unable to download the bitbake tar files.
> It seems that cgit.openembedded.org suffers of some problem in that case.
>
> Please can you verify?

I think it's still disabled:

#oe/2012-12-04.log
02:53 < halstead> ka6sox, cgit.openembedded.org was overloaded and nearly unresponsive. I've taken some quick measures and sent you an e-mail describing them.
02:53 < halstead> Everyone else cgit.openembedded.org's .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 files are temporarily disabled.
02:56 < ka6sox> halstead, thanks...I'm not sure why its to unresponsive...I may move it to a different host (opal to a different dom0)
02:59 < halstead> ka6sox, Do you know if the nginx config has been changed recently? I don't recognize those rewrites.
03:02 < halstead> JaMa, Is it better now for you?
03:06 < halstead> ka6sox, Okay. Looking at the logs this seems to be caused by a spider trying to get all of the on-demand tarballs.
03:06 < halstead> ka6sox, Once all the crawlers get the new robots.txt file we can probably re-enable full functionality.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com