[OE-core] which fetch protocols are actually in any use these days?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Dec 13 12:52:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 14:42 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> while the bitbake fetcher code supports a number of protocols, which
> ones are *actually* in serious use these days?  while the fetcher code
> handles protocols like osc:// and p4://, is anyone actually using
> those?
>
>  i'm writing a tutorial on fetching and i just don't want to spend any
> time on protocols no one's going to care about.  thanks.

Few care about those two, at least looking for the patches we receive to
those fetchers. p4 may have some users, I suspect osc has none since I
know why it was added and that it isn't used by that user group.

Having said that I don't see a pressing need to remove them either as
they still work, at least in theory.