[OE-core] how about the 'systemd' status?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Dec 14 14:27:07 UTC 2012

On 12 December 2012 16:13, Yi Qingliang <niqingliang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I doubt the systemd status about yocto.
> (the "meta-systemd' is labed deprecated.)
>
> on the openembedded.org, the systemd is meta-openembedded, indeed, I'm
> confused by the `openembedded-core' and `meta-openembedded'.

For a description of oe-core vs meta-oe, I recommend the
documentation.  Also
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded-Core is a good start.

The meta-systemd on yocto is - as far as I know - tied to meta-ivi.
If you want to use systemd then you need the meta-systemd layer that
is inside meta-openembedded.

True integration of systemd is a key feature for oe-core 1.4 so expect
to see it integrated fairly shortly.

Ross