[OE-core] gcc-4.7.inc wrong FILESPATH setting?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Dec 14 16:58:04 UTC 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Marko Katić wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 17:41 +0100, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've seen that, in the given .inc file, the FILESPATH is statically
> > set to
> >
> > FILESPATH = "${FILE_DIRNAME}/gcc-4.7"
> >
> > This seems to avoid any FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend usage on append file.
> > I need to add further patches for gcc-4.7.2 in my own meta layer but
> > if I set the FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend as usual
> > nothing happens, sources are taken only from the directory set by
> > FILESPATH.
> > Also I saw this setting was different in the past
> >
> > FILESPATH = "${@base_set_filespath([ '${FILE_DIRNAME}/gcc-4.7' ], d)}"

  i'm fairly sure i posted on this recently.  base.bbclass
*explicitly* sets FILESPATH to a set of variations thusly:

FILESPATH = "${@base_set_filespath(["${FILE_DIRNAME}/${BP}", "${FILE_DIRNAME}/${BPN}", "${FILE_DIRNAME}/files"], d)}"

which works fine with the recipes in the underlying oe-core layer.

  however, when you use FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend, you get additional
directories based on *only* the name you specify.  so if you do:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"

are you thinking you should also get all variations of "gcc-4.7"?
because that's not what's going to happen.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca